CAASTRO Annual Retreat, Cervantes
Retreat dates: Sunday 25 - Tuesday 27 November 2012
Registration is now closed
Registration closes: *Monday 19 November 2012 *
NB: The retreat is free for CAASTRO members, however registration is required
Frequently Asked Questions:
There has been a group reservation made at the Pinnacles Edge Resort and the Pinnacles Motel (on the same property) for all CAASTRO members and CAASTRO will cover the costs. Thus, there is no need for delegates to book. Rooms will be allocated once registration closes.
All meals are covered for by CAASTRO. If you have any dietary requirements, please ensure you make a note of these when you register for the retreat under the dietary information field. Also please tick the meals you will attend.
Cervantes only gets mobile reception for Telstra and Optus.
Wireless access may be limited if we all access it at the same time, so please bring your own wireless access devices if you have critical work you will need to access. Please note wi fi access will only be available in the reception and Alfresco Cafe area only of the resort. Reception will give out a new password on a daily basis.
• Your node administrator may be able to assist with booking your flights. Flights will come out of the node budgets if you are a CI, Post Doc, Student or Professional Staff member.
• NB: Sydney team members will need to book their own flights, as we currently do not have a Node administrator.
Two charter buses have been booked and CAASTRO will cover the cost of the bus.
- The first bus will do a pick up (prior to the airport pick up) from Perth City at the Esplanade Station, Coach Bay on William Street (at the bus pick-up area)
Date: Sunday 25 November 2012
Time: 1:00 pm to take delegates to Cervantes, via the Perth Airport. Contacts are Michelle Sullivan and Sue Lester.
- The second bus will pick up delegates from the Perth airport (long term car park bus area) as follows:
Date: Sunday 25 November 2012
Time: 1:30 pm to take delegates to Cervantes. Contact Kim Dorrell and Rose Metcalfe.
When you register please make a note under the ‘Flight and Transport Information Field’, Re if you need to be picked up from the city on Sunday 25 November 2012. Also, please ensure that you make a note where you need to go to on Tuesday 27 November.
• from Cervantes to Perth on Tuesday 27 November 2012 at 7pm, following dinner at the
Pinnacles Edge Resort.
• Cervantes to Geraldton on Tuesday 27 November 2012, at 6pm if you are attending the MWA meeting. Please note, a light take away dinner will be arranged.
There is a swimming pool onsite at the resort and a beach close by. Please remember your swimming costume and sun tan lotion. Also bring walking shoes, as there will be a trip organised to the Pinnacles and Lake Thetis.
For any administrative enquiries, please contact:
Ms Kate Gunn
Chief Operating Officer
T: 0411 466080
CAASTRO would like to thank
the Perth Convention Bureau
for their support.