FRB Visa and Flight Information
All travellers other than Australian and New Zealand citizens need a valid visa or authority to enter Australia (including electronic visas).
Please contact the organisers if you need a letter of invitation for your visa application. For some nationalites, processing and issuance of visas can take several weeks/months, so apply well before your planned travel.
For more information:
- Please visit the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website: here
- Fact Sheet for Conference Travellers
- Visa Requirements for Conference Travellers
Melbourne Airport, colloquially known as Tullamarine Airport, is the primary airport serving the city of Melbourne. Melbourne Airport is the sole international airport of the four airports serving the Melbourne metropolitan area.The airport has numerous facilities including ATMs and currency exchange, baggage wrapping, toilets and showers, parents rooms. mobile chargeing stations, etc.
For more information about Melbourne Airport: http://melbourneairport.com.au/
Transfers to and from Melbourne Airport
You can travel to Melbourne City and the Swinburne University of Technolocy via the following methods:
- Taxi - approximately $AUD55.00 to $AUD75.00 one way
- Bus - Skybus offers a number of services to and from the airport and surrounds.
- Public Transport - there are also a number of public transport options.
- Car Rental - all major car rental companies have desks at Melbourne Airport including Avis, Budget, Hertz, Thrifty and Europcar
- Uber - cost approximately $AUD35 - $AUD50